Secretary D - Renal Program
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 30661
Location: Central Zone, Dickson Building - QEII
Department: 3002763 REN Dept of Med Nephrology
Type of Employment: Casual Hourly FT long-term (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Admin Professionals Bargaining Unit - NSGEU
Posting Closing Date: 25-Jun-19
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
REPOST - Previously applied applicants are not required to reapply to be considered
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Sr. Director and Renal Program Manager, the Secretary D is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of medical staff offices within the Renal Program. These duties primarily support assigned staff physician(s) and include clinical, research, academic and administrative responsibilities of the physicians.
* Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized one year secretarial or office administration course
* Minimum of one year secretarial experience required
* Medical terminology course is required
* Recent medical secretarial experience in an academic or healthcare setting is an asset
* Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
* Excellent computer skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in common office productivity software (ie. Microsoft office)
* Able to function independently and problem solve with minimal direct supervision
* Ability to learn and work quickly; adaptable to change
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
**Skills testing will be performed. Only applicants achieving a mark of 70% will advance to the interview process.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Long assignment, full-time position, 70 hrs bi-weekly
Beginning July 3, 2019 with an expected end date of August 10, 2020 (Approximately 13 months)
*Dates are subject to change
$19.8647 - $22.5734 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above.
This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit - NSGEU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for Unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Job Segment: Secretary, Medical, Clerical, Administrative Assistant, Public Health, Administrative, Healthcare
Apply now »