Psychologist - Child & Youth - Mental Health & Addictions
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 24569
Location: WesternZone,Chipman Building
Department: 60018790 MHA WZ Child CP
Type of Employment: PermanentHourly FT (100%FTE) x 1position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare Bargaining Unit - CUPE
Posting Closing Date: 10-Jul-19
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia.We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager, Child and Youth Program, the Psychologist works as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to assess and treat individuals and families affected by a broad range of disorders, illnesses and mental health complaints, as well as delivers treatment groups. The Psychologist participates in the planning, development, provision and evaluation of Mental Health Services for those persons under age 19.
The Psychologist ensures that the principles and practices that guide NSHA such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviours, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
Recruitment incentives and relocation may be offered to the successful candidates based on qualifying criteria.
- Ph.D in clinical psychology or Psy.D. Degree
- An equivalent combination of Masters prepared training and professional experience of no less than two (2) years in the child and youth field may be considered.
- Current registration as a Psychologist with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP) o r current listing on the Candidate Register under the supervision of a Registered Psychologist.
- Professional training in Child Clinical Psychology acceptable to nationally-recognized accrediting bodies is considered an asset.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook),
- A working theoretical and practical knowledge of varied intervention strategies and the relative efficacy of interventions which promote health and wellness in a child youth population.
- A working theoretical and practical knowledge of psychological testing applicable to the client population.
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care client/partner relationships
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement initiatives and evidence based practice
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Travel to other sites is required and must have access to reliable vehicle
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check to People & Organizational Development before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-time (100%) Position; 75.00 Hours Bi-weekly.
Travel to other sites is required and must have access to reliable vehicle
Psychologist (Master's) (HC88):
$39.8044 - $44.8646 hourly
Psychologist (PhD Candidate Register) (HC95):
Psychologist (PhD) (HC95):
$54.5149 - $57.3838 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentations such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on timeliness of delivering the above.
This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for Unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are: Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Job Segment: Psychology, Medical, Public Health, Counseling, Healthcare
Apply now »