Maintenance Worker 2- Maintenance and Operations
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 33278
Location: EasternZone,Buchanan Memorial Community Health Centre
Department: 3000531 FMS Plant Maintenance BMH
Type of Employment: PermanentHourly FT (100%FTE) x 1position(s)
Union Status: Support Bargaining Unit - Unifor
Posting Closing Date: 25-Jun-19
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The successful candidate will carry out duties such as maintaining hospital equipment, systems and services involving mechanical, electrical, and structural work.
* Grade 12 and a certificate from a one-year community college technical trade training in one of the following disciplines: electrical, plumbing, welding, refrigeration, or carpentry OR two years related maintenance experience in a commercial or industrial setting performing semi-skilled trade work
* A combination of education, experience and an apprenticeship program will be considered
* Preference will be given to candidates that have a valid Nova Scotia, Red Seal Certificate of Qualification
* Ability to read blue prints.
* Other related duties as required.
* Good attendance and work record.
* Shift work required.
Hours of Work
* Permanent, Full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
$23.4484 - $24.1005 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Support bargaining unit - UNIFOR position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Job Segment: Counseling, Public Health, Healthcare
Apply now »