INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Apply for Job
Healthcare Services and Support / Assistant
:SOUTH OKANAGAN GEN HSPTL
South Okanagan General Hospital is looking for a Casual Cook to join their team! - if you have graduated from a 12-month program in quantity cooking, and have a three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.…Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Department such as:
• Plans and develops menus and recipes according to the nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the facility.
• Prepares and/or directs the preparation of food and therapeutic menu items according to recipes and controls portioning to ensure recipe yield meets facility needs. Tests food for items for palatability and temperature and adjusts accordingly.
• Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yields meet assigned quantity quotas, evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Plans cooking schedule to minimize time between completion of cooking and serving.
• Establishes and ensures maintenance of food rotations and storage
• Estimates food requirement orders and receives supplies with suppliers.
• Oversees and updates standards and procedures, ensures safety practices and procedures are adhered to.
• Maintains clean and sanitary work and storage areas.
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation needs
• Makes recommendations regarding budget for assigned area.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health,
Hours of work: 06:15 to 16:15 – Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking,
• Three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Browse Jobs by Category
Animal Health Technologist / Veterinary Technician (0)
Biologists and Related Scientists (0)
Clinic Manager (3)
Dental Assistant (0)
Dental Hygienist and Dental Therapist (0)
Dental Technician / Technologist (0)
Dietitian and Nutritionist (12)
Environmental Public Health Professional (31)
Family, Marriage and Other Related Counsellors (33)
Genetic Counsellor (0)
Health Care Aide / Caregiver / Nurse Aide (244)
Health Information Management Professional (19)
Healthcare Jobs - General (403)
Healthcare Services and Support / Assistant (122)
Healthcare Services and Wellness (0)
Licensed Practical Nurse (194)
Managers in Health Care (19)
Massage Therapist (21)
Medical Laboratory Technologist / Technician (37)
Medical Office Assistant /Medical Clinic Assistant (6)
Medical Physicist (2)
Medical Radiation Technologist (17)
Medical Technologist and Technician (23)
Medical Transcriptionist (3)
Occupational Therapist (82)
Occupations in health diagnosing and treating (1)
Pharmacy Technician (6)
Physician / Family Medicine / GP (16)
Physician Assistant (3)
Practitioners Of Natural Healing (2)
Registered Nurse / Nurse Practitioner (936)
Registered Psychiatric Nurse (19)
Research and Innovation (0)
Respiratory Therapist (17)
Senior Government Managers and Officials (4)
Social / Community Worker (147)
Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist (16)
Specialist Physician (4)
Speech-Language Pathologist (14)
Technology and Innovation (0)
Therapy and Assessment (67)
Veterinarian and Veterinary Professionals (0)
Volunteer/ Not for Profit (2)
Centralized National Healthcare Recruitment Platform
Post all healthcare jobs here in ONE easy to use centralized platform. Find healthcare skills needed to fill posts across multiple healthcare disciplines.
© 2019 HealthJobHub LTD. All Rights Reserved.